Apples famous Pink dot for water damage
edysdny

I have had my I phone 4 for 10 months, it stopped working and after looking into possible reasons, a friends told me to take a otoscope (Im a nurse) and look into the microphone hole, the pink dot was activated and under Apple's policy this means water damage and they will in no way cover the phone. Apple nor Verizon has been of any help, I have never gotten my phone wet in any manner. They say that moisture will not activate this. I am a nurse and use Litmus paper like what this pink dot is made of and know that any kind of moisture will activate this kind of paper. Apple nor Verizon does anything to assist with a new phone except to offer to sell a new phone at full price, or I was offered if I buy a I pad with a 2 year subscription then they would sell me a used I phone for $100.00 Another oddity was when on the phone with Verizon and I gave I phone serial number my phone was registered to some person I have never heard of in another state. So Did I get a used phone sold to me as new? Not sure. The one thing I am certain of is that I have never gotten my phone wet, it stays on charger, My purse or my ear. Has anyone had any resolve with getting something done regarding this pink dot activation? I see on the Internet their have been many success class action suits against Apple for them refusing to cover warranty phones because they claim they phone got wet and that mere normal conditions can't cause this. Appreciate any assist. I loved my I Phone but am very unhappy with this Policy and also unhappy with Verizon who I have had for over 20 plus years. I have a feeling neither of these companies will be in my or my extended families future for more than our current contracts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apples famous Pink dot for water damage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

edysdny, wow! 20 years is a long time. We really appreciate your loyalty and definitely don't want to lose your business. I'm not a nurse, but I can ease your frustrations in this equipment matter. We provide a one year manufacturer warranty which covers your device for software issues. However, this phone replacement option does not cover liquid or moisture damage. Did you bring your phone into a Verizon Wireless store to have it evaluated or contact ur technical support department to troubleshoot your issues? It sounds like I need to look deeper into this matter for you in order to provide you with an appropriate option or recommendation. Can you private message me your mobile number? I'm standing by for you.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes