Assistance Unlocking iPhone 4S?
Terra9456

Hello,

We are traveling on military orders to Germany in a month or so. We love Verizon and want to keep the service, but we are going to suspend it for as long as Verizon can so we do not lose our numbers. We plan on coming back to the US and embracing Verizon once again as the service has been phenomenal, and I thank you for that.

I would like some assistance and information on unlocking our iPhone 4S devices. We have been with Verizon almost a year now, but we do not have current foreign SIM cards. I have heard people who moved before us had some difficulties in getting their phones unlocked and/or contacting Verizon for help once they moved to Germany. Could someone please assist us? Since email/internet is all we will have, I would really appreciate direct contact with a Verizon employee to put my mind at ease, but if not an international contact number we can use while we are in Germany would also be greatly appreciated.

Also, if you could please answer a few questions:

1) How long may we suspend for? We should have orders I can bring to a store in a few days.

2) Are we guaranteed to keep the same numbers if the service is only suspended? We do NOT want to lose our phone numbers.

3) How soon in advance do we need to notify to get services restored?

Thank you so much for your help.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Assistance Unlocking iPhone 4S?
rcschnoor
Legend

THIS is a good thread to read regarding military orders.

As to getting your iPhone 4S unlocked, you need to contact Global Support at 800-711-8300 in the US, or 908-559-4899 while roaming internationally. Ask to have your SIM card unlocked for use with a foreign SIM card. You need to meet the following requirements before they will do so, though.

• The device being unlocked must be active on a Verizon Wireless line of service.
  • The line of service must be active at least 60 days.
  • The line of service must be in good standing for the past 60 days.
  • Only one SIM Unlock per line every 10 months.

Hope this helps.Smiley Happy

Edit:  I believe after you insert your foreign SIM card, you must activate thru iTunes either from a computer or via a WiFi connection. As I have never done this, I cannot confirm.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

THIS is a good thread to read regarding military orders.

As to getting your iPhone 4S unlocked, you need to contact Global Support at 800-711-8300 in the US, or 908-559-4899 while roaming internationally. Ask to have your SIM card unlocked for use with a foreign SIM card. You need to meet the following requirements before they will do so, though.

• The device being unlocked must be active on a Verizon Wireless line of service.
  • The line of service must be active at least 60 days.
  • The line of service must be in good standing for the past 60 days.
  • Only one SIM Unlock per line every 10 months.

Hope this helps.Smiley Happy

Edit:  I believe after you insert your foreign SIM card, you must activate thru iTunes either from a computer or via a WiFi connection. As I have never done this, I cannot confirm.

0 Likes
Terra9456

Thank you for the info on unlocking my phone. It seems as far as service goes, so far I've been told 1 yr, 36 months, or the full 3 years to put our lines on hold. Which is correct? We will be gone approx 3yrs & 3mos. Could I bring the orders into a store to get these suspended or do I just call and fax the information?

Thanks again.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I can only go by what information is included in the link I provided, but they say you can suspend for a maximum of 39 months which would be equal to your stated duration of 3yrs & 3mos.

Additionally, they say to call if possible(I assume *611 from your phone) but to fax if calling is not possible. They also give a postal address if calling or faxing is not possible.

As I said, I am only going by what information is included in the link I provided. It says NOTHING about bringing the orders into a store, but you could give that a try if you want. I don't see how it could hurt, except for the time you spend if they can't help you.

0 Likes
Terra9456

Thanks so much! Smiley Happy

0 Likes