Assistance on where to find data usage by apps??
KJNAMASTE

I have the same issue.  Under settings/cellular/cellular data it shows current period of 231GB, which is wrong obviously.  I only have 4.3GB this period.

Can you point me to how to accurately access data as to which apps are chewing up my data so quickly?

thanks

cliff [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Assistance on where to find data usage by apps??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The iPhone data counter does not reset each month with the billing cycle. The user has to manually reset it each month. Based on the amount for data used provided, I would guess that you either have never reset it or you use a lot of data.

You need to reset the counter with your billing cycle date to properly assess the data drain problem.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Assistance on where to find data usage by apps??
GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

Yup, primitive as it sounds you must manually reset the data counter to coincide with your billing cycle. The "reset statistics" is located at the bottom of the Settings/Cellular menu.  The Settings/Cellular menu also lists data usage of each individual app and provides the ability to restrict data usage of apps of your choosing.

0 Likes