Auto save password
destend2b

How do I auto save my Verizon password. I don’t see *86 in the “Voicemail” contact page. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Auto save password
UpstateWinds
Contributor - Level 1

This will only work for android. not IOS.

From the Home Page, click on the Phone icon, then Three dots top right , then Settings, then Voicemail, then Advanced settings, then Setup, then click on Voicemail Number which will bring up your "Voicemail number"  window which will have *86 already entered. Touch the box with the *86 and the dial pad will pop up. In the lower left corner of the dial pad is the box showing * # ( . Touch that box  and click on the Pause button once followed by your password and then the # sign. Click on ok.

Motorola Z3 on the Verizon network.
0 Likes
UpstateWinds
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe this will help.

Simply add a "Voicemail" contact to your iPhone's Contacts app, including the password. Use "*86" as the phone number, followed by a pause and then your password. To add each pause on an iPhone, tap " +# " and select "Pause."  Pause is displayed as a comma, so if your password is "1234," the number will appear as "*86,1234" on your iPhone. After you call this number the first time, tap the "Information" button beside the number and select "Add to Favorites." This way the number will always be on your iPhone's Favorites screen so you can quickly find it.

Motorola Z3 on the Verizon network.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question to ask about auto-saving your voicemail password, destend2b. It's good to have easier options to access voicemail if available. That was a good suggestion from UpstateWinds on voicemail tips. However, are you having trouble accessing your voicemail? Did you set up your voicemail box? I regret there's not an option to auto-save your voicemail passwords to access your voicemail. There are security reasons and privacy concerns. If your phone was stolen, it could cause problems with folks having access to your voicemail password as it is an added measure of protection.

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes