BAIT AND SWITCHED BY VERIZON WIRELESS - IPHONE PREORDING LIES
BaitandSwitched
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called to order my IPhone 6 Plus from Verizon Wireless on 9/12 - the first day of preordering.  I was told very explicity that I would have my phone on 9/19.  Never got it.  I called on 9/20 after my phone never arrived and was told that it won't be shipped until 10/14.  What a joke.  Verizon Wireless told me one thing and then did another - blantantly lied to me.  They say they record calls for quality assurance and training purposes - perhaps they can review the evidence of the lies they told me themselves.

My wife and I just had a baby on Monday and was hoping to use my new phone to video her and take pictures of her, but i guess i'll have to wait until she's a month old to do so - thanks to Verizon Wireless.

I called to complain and they gave me a measly $25 credit.  Some treatment to a very long time customer who has always been in good standing.  Absolutely unbelievable.  Only three words describe what they did - BAIT AND SWITCH.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BAIT AND SWITCHED BY VERIZON WIRELESS - IPHONE PREORDING LIES
Not applicable

Calm down, you were one of millions or hundreds of thousands of people that ordered the iPhone 6. Not just on Verizon

Just go to any retailer or an Apple store. And pick it up.

And as far as taking photos of the baby any other phone would have done so, or here is a real kicker Use a Camera. We often times forget about what we use to use instead of cell phones.

And that is not the definition of bait and switch

Bait-and-switch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.investorwords.com/389/bait_and_switch.html

Good Luck

BaitandSwitched
Enthusiast - Level 2

I confirmed the 9/19 ship date on the phone with the Verizon rep PRECISELY because millions or hundreds of thousands of people were ordering that phone.  The # of people who ordered the phone doesn't change the deceptive practices of Verizon in this instance.

Of course I could use a camera - the point is I didn't want to have to bring a camera and a video camera everywhere I go.  That is part of the benefit of having an IPhone, is it not?

As for the definition of bait and switch - the point is i was lured in by the timing of the shipment.  Perhaps many potential customers would have decided not to get the phone with a 2yr verizon contract if they had known it was going to be over 1 month before they got their device....Wish they just told me the truth.

Not applicable

Sorry not bait and switch. And if you want to blame someone blame Apple for not sending enough to Verizon. Apple says it's already sold 10 million. So yeah when everyone wants the shiny new toy all at the same time some people are going to have to wait because of shortages.

Not applicable

Yeah on carrying all that camera equipment I can agree. Today's cell phones depending on the make actually take better pictures and upload to your cloud storage of choice.

The issue of pre-ordering is just that. Pre-ordering. And I can agree it should have been delivered as promised. However considering the other factors such as popular demand, not enough devices in stock, not enough devices made to fulfill demand takes a big play in this situation.

Personally I always go to the store or Verizon Wireless corporate store. I don't do this for at least 1-2 months (its only a cell phone and not the end of the world ) so I know when I arrive I have the pick of any device I want.

I am not going to pre-order its not worth the headache.

Again Bait and Switched? Not really. Verizon was not trying to sell you another device, they just changed the delivery date on what you ordered to a later date. Take my advice and just go into a retailer and buy it at the store. Walk home and be happy. They can probably cancel the pre-order for you at the same time.

Good Luck

BaitandSwitched
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mr. Helper - You miss the point.  Of course I understand that they are backordered for a month.  The point is Verizon should not have promised the phone would be delivered on 9/19 when they couldn't make good on that promise.  That is what my issue is.  Period.

0 Likes
Patferr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not baitandSwitched - NO, YOU miss the point. Apple probably promised Verizon a certain number of phones, but didn't deliver them to them as they promised. I am sure Verizon feels "not-baitandswitched" but simply not given the full number of iPhones they were told they would receive, thus I would blame APPLE, not VERIZON if I were going to be a cry baby like you are being. Hell, you are free to CANCEL your order and go somewhere else if you like, or like the person said, go to the retail store, sit in line for DAYS hoping to get the limited number they have, or....WAIT for the BACKORDER like hundreds of thousands of others who were probably in the same boat as you, yet they didn't go online to whine and complain about it. "Excrement" happens, it's just a damn phone. I am sure your current phone can take pictures and video of your baby just as good. You don't mention what phone you have now, and I bet it's a 4S or something like that, and those take GREAT pictures and Video's, so you can bitch about Verizon all you want but it's not their fault. BLAME APPLE for making a device so popular, they couldn't make enough of them to satisfy all your pre-ordering "glorified beta testers" for Apple iPhone 6's that people are having connection issues and all kinds of "First adopters" problems that people complain about (in Beta testing, we called them BUGS, and you report bugs and they fix them, but sometimes you fix one bug and create 3 other bugs somewhere else) so you have to wait an extra month before you can bug test our iPhone 6....get over it, it's just a damn phone dude. Chill out. LOL Smiley Happy

BaitandSwitched
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a old blackberry.  takes bad pictures (but pictures nonetheless), can't do video that is sendable and the charging port is broken.  I've never had a smart phone in my entire life - so no, I don't have a "4S or something like that".  Can I wait, of course i can.  I don't care about waiting for a month - and knowing that up front wouldn't have changed my decision to get the phone.  My problem is the fact that I was misled by Verizon.  Patferr, appreciate your comments, but if it was Apple's fault, then a notification from Verizon saying - sorry we promised you a 9/19 delivery date but it is going to take a little longer - would have been suficient.  I would have just appreciated an honest approach from the company.  Instead, shortly after the phone call, I get an email confirmation saying it wouldn't be delivered until 10/14 (I didn't think to check this detail in the email confirmation because the rep on the phone told me 9/19).  To get an email saying 10/14 right after my conversation with the rep in which they told me 9/19 disproves your theory that it is Apple's fault.  They told me one thing on the phone and then sent an email with another.  Agree - its just a phone.  But that doesn't mean its OK for Verizon to mislead me about the timing of delivery.  If you can't agree with that - then perhaps we'll have to agree to disagree...

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Simply because the email and the CS rep information didn't match does not mean the CS rep mislead you. They very well could have simply relayed the information they had in front of them. How is telling you the information available to them misleading???? You would prefer them to tell you something OTHER than what their system is telling them???

You said a message stating the phone would be a bit late would have been sufficient. It appears you got that information in an email.

On a side note, an "old blackberry" IS a smartphone.

It appears you were notified almost immediately that the phone wouldn't arrive until 10/14. If that was a problem, you should have done something prior to waiting for your phone on 9/19. It is not the fault of Verizon you didn't read your email notifying you of the delay.

0 Likes
shimohn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree that the business practice is unethical or at least the company lacks diligence.  I also pre-ordered the Plus phone and was tole 9/17 would be the shipping date.  I received no further updates of any changes, when I called on 9/17 I was tole 10/21 is the shipping date.

I had options when I ordered.  There are no Plus phone in 200 mile radius.

Verizon wants to sell phones.  To me it is a bait and switch at least when it comes to promised dates.

0 Likes