BOGO Special
rkjacks09

With the BOGO special being offered with the new iPhones, you have to add a new line service. In theory, could someone add a new line to take advantage of this deal, and then cancel an existing line that has no payment plan attached? Would it be possible to do a swap of numbers, and then cancel the old line that has the new number? Or would you have to keep the new number as well. We've been customers for well over 20 year and would hate to lose a phone number that is that old, but missing out on a deal that a new customer could get isn't right either.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: BOGO Special
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rkjacks09, your time as our customer means the world to us and  we always want you getting the best deals on any purchases.  Let’s go over all options together.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

Sean_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LLPE33

We have the same/similar situation.  We already have the three lines we need and just want to take advantage of the deal for the iPhone XRs to upgrade from our failing Samsung Galaxy S7s which were half the price of the current models.  The idea of having to buy an extra line to cancel an old one is unappealing and waste of everyone's time.  We should be able to keep our long standing numbers.

We've been with Verizon since they bought Cellular One and are about to switch AT&T because of this situation.  As loyal customers, we should be getting a better deal than new customers.  We've figured out that at about an average of $125 a month (far higher now) for the better part of 20 years, we've paid VW close to $30K in the last 20 years.  That more than any of cars!  Customer loyalty is a meaningless concept these days...

0 Likes
hpepper

Did you ever get a clear answer on this from the rep?  I have been given 2 different answers to the "add-a-line/switch numbers/drop-the-new-line's-number" workaround.  One said "no problem," the other said any dropped # will be forever lost.  Not eager to drop $800 and find out the workaround isn't possible.

Thanks.

0 Likes
FABGIB22
Enthusiast - Level 1

Be careful. Agents say different things, I took advantage of the iphone x promo back in June and I never got the discount, im paying full price for it. Called many times, wrote to them and they all say different things. Even the agent here at this forum never got back to me. Before I switch providers Im talking to the Better Business Bureau. Good luck!

0 Likes
evelynr_vzw
Verizon Employee

We value keeping you as a customer and don’t want to lose you. We offer great deals, and I want to make sure that you enjoy it. We work with integrity, and I assure you that if you qualified for a promotion, we would apply it to your account. I've sent you a private message. Let's keep working together.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
othernewguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

IT'S A TRAP  !!! 

Tracy473
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened to me in June/July 2018. Added a line for my daughter to get the BOGO offer. Was advised I could pay off early with no issues. Fast forward 4-5 months, call to pay off buy device, was told have to keep buy line for 6 months to avoid losing the credits for the free phone. Not happy but what’s one more month right? 

Yesterday, well after the 6 month time frame, Paid off my buy phone, and then was told that I could not port out number without losing the credit for the free phone. So what exactly about this BOGO free is actually free? Nothing! Complete waste of my time and energy. Blatant fraud. I met the add a line requirement. I was told I had to keep the line 6 months. Met that too. Now I’m stuck paying for over priced service I don’t need. 

And of course, rep said there were no notes from my January conversation, and could not see the chat log from February. They could only see the chat from questions I had about my iPad. How convenient is that? Plus, they would not email me a copy of the original contract. 

I will never again use any of there promotions and as soon as I can pay off my “free” phone, I will be taking my business elsewhere. 

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@Tracy473 wrote:

Same thing happened to me in June/July 2018. Added a line for my daughter to get the BOGO offer. Was advised I could pay off early with no issues. Fast forward 4-5 months, call to pay off buy device, was told have to keep buy line for 6 months to avoid losing the credits for the free phone. Not happy but what’s one more month right? 

Yesterday, well after the 6 month time frame, Paid off my buy phone, and then was told that I could not port out number without losing the credit for the free phone. So what exactly about this BOGO free is actually free? Nothing! Complete waste of my time and energy. Blatant fraud. I met the add a line requirement. I was told I had to keep the line 6 months. Met that too. Now I’m stuck paying for over priced service I don’t need. 

And of course, rep said there were no notes from my January conversation, and could not see the chat log from February. They could only see the chat from questions I had about my iPad. How convenient is that? Plus, they would not email me a copy of the original contract. 

I will never again use any of there promotions and as soon as I can pay off my “free” phone, I will be taking my business elsewhere. 

Sorry but the terms are listed on the deals. Of coruse you have to pay the full 24 months. Verizon would be crazy to give you a free phone and let you leave for another carrier or sell it right away. By the way ALL carriers BOGOs work that way.

0 Likes