Backup assistant issue for iPhone4
SH050107

Unfortunately, the Backup Assistant keeps duplicating (3-5x) contacts and it takes way too long to delete each contact.  I deleted all the duplicates online through the vzw website and tried to run the back up to sync with the changes I made online.  However, when I run the app it's telling me it's backing up 1400+ contacts!  What's going on with this app? And why can't I 'Sync' from the website? (it tells me 'sync' is not compatible with my phone).  Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup assistant issue for iPhone4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning SH050107.

Who likes having the same contacts in their phone 3-5 times? Especially when it uses up so much of your memory that you could use for other things. I'm sorry you're having this problem. Let's get this taken care of! When did you notice this start happening? How long have you had your iPhone 4? Please try deleting the application from your phone, then restart the phone, and then turn back on and re-download Backup Assistant. Let's see if this helps. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SH050107

This did not fix the problem unfortunately. It is still saying I have 1470 contact being transferred when I only have about 220. This is the worst!

Seana

Sent from my Verizon iPhone

0 Likes
ALRUIA1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why isnt the link https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/ba_nab/overview_def.jsp for the backup assistant functioning? I want to "manage my contacts" there - I.E. I want to add my contacts on the computer then sync to my phone yet the site isnt there anymore. Whats up with that? Please advise.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried logging into your on-line My Verizon account and clicking on Manage My Contacts?

0 Likes
ALRUIA1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I did multiple times on different platforms, the site was obviously having issues but I got my contacts in & synced yesterday just fine.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello,do you need a iPhone Backup assistant?I have ever use a iPhone data manage tool to back up all my iPhone contents to computer,you can use this iPhone data Transfer tool to transfer iPhone contacts, text messages, photos, videos, music,ect to computer or Mac.

0 Likes