Bad reception on iPhone 5c
Cazmass

We recently moved and the reception on my iPhone 5c is now terrible. Every time I call someone it is spotty and ends up hanging up on them. Reception is just OK when I go outside, but I can't make all of my phone calls from outside. And I don't want to get a landline. Any suggestions how to fix? Someone told me to call Verizon and get a "boost"...anyone know what this is? Thanks for your help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bad reception on iPhone 5c
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Canyouheremenow, we definitely want to correct this problem. Based on the clues that you've provided, it sounds like an isolated issue within your residence. How's service when you leave your home? Have we suggested that you get a network extender to boost signal into your home? Click the link below for more details:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender-faqs/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Cazmass

I hope you're enjoying your new home despite the circumstances, let's look into this. What is your current zip code? You are referring to a Network Extender, which service as a mini cell site to help improve indoor coverage. For details visit:http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender-faqs/

AyaniB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Canyouheremenow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same problem ever since I got my Verizon service. My wife is home bound and her cell is useless. My Kids phones were working out okay while in school but throughout the summer they were useless too. I went to the store and complained and they said they were aware of the problem and would sell me a device that would solve the issue. I asked why the area that had problematic coverage was shown on their map as having solid coverage when it didn't really have good coverage. They said it was such a small area it wouldn't show on the map. I didn't have any dropped calls or connection problems at that location with my other carrier. They won't let me out of my contract even though at least half of  all my call at home are dropped or won't connect.WORST customer service ever. Yes we are billing for a service we won't really provide (unless you pay extra) and we won't allow you to stop using that service or make any attempt to correct the problem.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Canyouheremenow, we definitely want to correct this problem. Based on the clues that you've provided, it sounds like an isolated issue within your residence. How's service when you leave your home? Have we suggested that you get a network extender to boost signal into your home? Click the link below for more details:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender-faqs/

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
Canyouheremenow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for responding LasinaH,

No it is not just inside my house. It is a dead zone about 2-3 blocks

square around my house. The folks at the store were familiar with the issue

and offer to sell me one for around $250. My point is this, I made my

address known to the salespeople when I signed up for a Two year contract.

Why didn't they tell me then I would need to purchase this extender at that

time? When I finally realized what the problem was and complained they

obviously knew about it. Why then ? Because I wouldn't have signed up then.

Your prices are already at the top end of the scale And I was happy with

the service I had before and it was about half the price with no

contract.So when I complain about not getting the coverage promised to me

before I signed the solution is to charge me more so I can get the coverage

everyone else gets? If this extender doesn't work well then what will you

charge me even more for a better one? I should have to pay more for the

same service as the other people on the coverage map. It is your map ,Your

promise of coverage. If there are holes in that coverage then it is up to

you to remedy that. Provide me with the extender for free for the length of

my contract or let me walk away from the contract you seem to be unwilling

to honor. Doesn't that make sense?

Yours literally,

Canyouheremenow

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Canyouheremenow, we want you to continue to be happy with your wireless service. The network extender is the next best option for improving service in your home. I apologize. We're unable to waive the cost of that device. However, our technical support team can provide assistance with ordering that device. Please contact them directly by phone at 800-922-0204.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
82west
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have basically the same problem.  Just recently My 5c will not work in my house or for that matter in my car.  I have been to two stores a company store and a franchise store.  Basically the same answers.  However the company store blamed the 5c for a  poor antenna and kinda suggested that I up grade to a 5s or the newer 6 phones

What is a true answer.  Take the phone to Apple and have them check it out?  Buy a new phone and plan, or go to another phone company? 

PS my cheap basic LG tracfone seems to work in the house where the 5c will not.

0 Likes