Being charged for "free" iPhone mini
morisky
Contributor - Level 1

Was offered "free" iPhone mini. Recurring device charge, called and chatted and was told everything is fine, it will be refunded after second or third cycle. Was told this repeatedly, I kept asking because I was had a feeling. Second bill with charge, I call and of course, now they say because the sales rep called me (as opposed to me buying it online) I must pay for device. Huh? After nine years I am so over Verizon. The day device unlocks (60 after purchase) I am paying off device and moving to another carrier. I have email, sales rep contact info, communication as proof and Verizon refuses to budge. Done fighting, I am out of here. I see in this community many listings for the "free" scam. I guess that the number of people willing to go through the hassle of leaving after nine years is low, so Verizon gets away with it, but being this angry off is highly motivating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Being charged for "free" iPhone mini
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to takea look at this together, Morisky. We are sending you a Private Message.

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure you are able to get your promotion, Morisky. Please log into our secure channel, so we can take a look at this together.

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
morisky
Contributor - Level 1

Look at my customer notes first and YOU summarize the issue. I have made eleven calls about this. There are notes in the file showing that you are not honoring the FREE phone from the original sales rep, the problem is that VERIZON can not find the promo code and this needs to be escalated to someone that can push it through to give me the offer I was promised and that there is proof of. Please assure me that jumping through hoops and going into another channel for the TWELFTH time will have a positive outcome. The only possible explanation is that Verizon knows they are lying, the sales rep says as much in his notes he put in my file that you should have access to. You offered a free phone and the sales rep was very surprised that you are doing this... his response to me is

"That's not right. Im gonna go into your account and put a remark In there because it was supposed to be a free phone."

yet Verizon does NOTHING. Believe me this is going to wind up costing Verizon exponentially more the cost of the phone that they thought they were scamming me for.

0 Likes