Best Options for European Travel - smart phone wifi
Charley313
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello - I will traveling to Berlin to visit my daughter for two weeks. I'm not so much worried about wifi for my laptop because as works in software and has great home wifi. I'm wondering what my options are for my iphone when I leave her apt and go off on my own for a bit. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Best Options for European Travel - smart phone wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Charley313 ,

Planning ahead before traveling is always a good habit, so thank you for reaching out to us. I would recommend checking out our International Trip Planner here: https://www.verizon.com/plans/international/international-travel/trip-planner-tool/ . If you sign into your My Verizon account, or choose not to, you'll be able to enter some basic info about your trip, such as what countries you will be visiting and your device. This will then give you not only steps on how to setup your phone for usage in Europe, but to see all of the available travel choices. TravelPass will most likely be the best option, as it is $10/day and lets you use your normal domestic data plan for each 24-hr session.  -Russell

0 Likes
Re: Best Options for European Travel - smart phone wifi
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As the VZW rep noted, Travel Pass is one option.

Another option is ask your daughter to pick a prepaid SIM card from a local carrier for you to use during your trip. It will give you a local number to call locally as needed and better access to local data network without you roaming with your US number. The cost of one month on the prepaid local carrier could be significantly less expensive than using Travel Pass.

If you need to use your US number while on the trip you can use Wi-Fi to make those connections as needed. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes