Best place to find a used iphone 4s to use with Verizon.....
Prissygirl56
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband would like to upgrade his cell phone to a smart phone before our contract is up.  Where is the best place to look for a used smartphone (either iphone 4s or Motorolla Razr) that can be used with Verizon? Also, does it need a sim card? Can I buy a sim card separately at a Verizon store?  Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Labels (2)
Re: Best place to find a used iphone 4s to use with Verizon.....
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try ebay or swappa (www.swappa.com); just ensure the phone is Verizon branded with a clean ESN.  SIM cards are free at your local Corporate Verizon store.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

One suggestion I would make if you should go this route,  make sure the one you buy from will let you return the phone should you incur any issues.. as pictures can look good on the Net'  but when you get the product in hand it can be a hole lot different.  Good Luck.Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to help out today Prissygirl56! I'm glad to see that our community has offered you some valuable suggestions. Another method you could utilize is our Pre-Owned selection. We do offer the iPhone 4 for $299.99 and the Droid Razr M for $239.99. Both of these devices can be purchased at anytime without contract. Please keep us posted if you would like more info relating to this option, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
HonnyBrown
Enthusiast - Level 2

On the suggestion of a coworker (his kids are very irresponsible), I went to The Cell Phone Nerd on eBay.

8 months into my upgrade, my BlackBerry Z10 wasn't meeting my needs and I wanted an iPhone.  Verizon was either going to charge me the full price to upgrade or have me add an extra line and data package.

I got the 4s Direct Buy on eBay.  It was locked for Verizon Wireless.  I called *228 to activate it and had no problems with my contract.

Let me know if you need more info.

0 Likes