Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,157 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Block On Personal Hot Spot Not Working !!!
joe_joe

Hi Dear,

I have an Ipad Mini 4 Updated with the last update,

I called into technical support to put A block on the "Personal Hot Spot" Option, after trying A few hours They basically gave up.

So I would like to ask the Community here if you can help me Please .

Thanks in advance !

Joe

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Block On Personal Hot Spot Not Working !!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, joe_joe

We want to make sure that this is taken care of for you. Let's make sure that we are on the same page. Are you trying to block others from using your hotspot, or are you trying to block it altogether from use on your device?

0 Likes
joe_joe

The 2nd one is right, 

I am trying to block personal hot spot, Let’s say I have to give my iPad for someone for a few days and I don’t want ha/she should be be able to use up all my data, Now, the iPad itself I can restrict everything, but with personal hot spot I can’t even just block it??

Joe

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

can't you setup parental controls and lock out the feature without entering in the passcode?

0 Likes
joe_joe

No,  It is not working.

I was with A tech support on the phone for A few hours, they put the block on, and it is showing that its blocked,

But in fact its not I can open it and suck WiFi from it like normal

Thanks for trying to help.

Joe

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

the iphone itself has parental controls and from my understanding you can disable data from there.

Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If there is a restiction to on cellular data even if they turn on hotspot it won't use cellular data because it's restricted even if it is on.  If it does use data then Apple messed up their code and need to bring it up with them to fix it.

0 Likes
joe_joe

Hi,

I don’t want to block the Data I just want to block the ” Personal Hot Spot “ feature while the data on the iPad itself should work as norma.

Now, I went back and forth with the Verizon technicians and they keep on telling me ‘ you can put A block on this feature‘ but In fact it is not workin.

Thanks in advanc.

Joe

0 Likes
Xyz0173
Enthusiast - Level 1

5 years later, same issue.  I cannot find a way to block the use of the hot spot on my phone. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xyz0173 We're here to help you with your concern. We'll be sending a private note. ~Peter

0 Likes