Blocking a number online and on your phone
turtle5

I had a number blocked on my phone and didn't receive any messages from them. The other day I took their number out of my phone and blocked them online. Well today I received a text from them. I went back and checked and I put the number in correctly. I noticed the number that appeared from the text was 1+ the area code and then the number but I can't add that online nor do I know if that would change anything. If their number is blocked online why did I receive a text from them? Is there a difference between blocking them online versus blocking them directly on your phone? How can I make sure I won't receive texts from them again? I tried to investigate a little and found that the iMessage being on has something to do with it, but how would turning that off affect other text messages? One of the reasons I got verizon was to block someone, if this fails it will be slightly irritating. Thanks to any help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blocking a number online and on your phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, turtle5! Thanks for asking about Call & Message Blocking. Although I'm sure you'd rather not get messages from any blocked number, it's true that your device model is at the heart of why the message was allowed to make it to you. Message blocking will prevent messages (text, picture, and video) from being delivered to your device. But, if you use iMessage, it's a data service-based application that doesn't operate through our messaging services. Therefore, your Message blocking will not work against them.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Blocking a number online and on your phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, turtle5! Thanks for asking about Call & Message Blocking. Although I'm sure you'd rather not get messages from any blocked number, it's true that your device model is at the heart of why the message was allowed to make it to you. Message blocking will prevent messages (text, picture, and video) from being delivered to your device. But, if you use iMessage, it's a data service-based application that doesn't operate through our messaging services. Therefore, your Message blocking will not work against them.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes