Bogus phone promotion
TheGuvna
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received a letter from Verizon in August/September asking if I wanted to switch and it listed multiple offers including a free iPhone 13 mini for each new line. I called and confirmed all of the promotions and was astounded that I would get 4 new phones! I had no intention initially of getting a new phone as all of our current phones were good and paid off (iPhone 11's and the kids had some decent android phones).

Every month since I have been charged for the devices, and upon enquiry been told it takes a few billing cycles to activate. Today when I received my bill and saw the devices STILL on there I asked again, but am now being told that promotion never existed and my normal bill is what I am paying. I even traded in my phone which was in great working order, for next to nothing in bill credits.

The customer representative who I talked to today even tried to pass me to SALES to fix this! What are they going to do? increase my bill even further? Absolute shambles. And based on the numerous other posts based around bogus promotions, this is standard.

Long story short, I moved to Verizon for a cheaper bill for my family and was enticed by some promotional offers. I am now paying $100 a month more because the promo was "fake" and the salesman lied to me.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Bogus phone promotion
TheGuvna
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hats off to the customer service reps who have responded quickly to this issue.

Working right now to get a resolution. Will update.

0 Likes
TheGuvna
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was offered $300 for a trade in even though Verizon acknowledged that customer service assumred me my free phone rebate would kick in after a few cycles.

Not good enough.

0 Likes
mbolster31685
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • How did you actually get through to anyone? I have no number that is an actual person, just automated or chat
0 Likes
LStevens77

I'm still having this problem. Phone promotion in August 2021 stated add a new line get a new phone.

Still being charged for it every month. After four attempts each month they are now telling me I need the premium plan. I wish I never would have left T-Mobile

0 Likes