Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Calculating Early Termination Fee
consumer2

My contract ends on December 9, 2019.  What would the early termination fee be if I switched providers now?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Calculating Early Termination Fee
mama23dogs

@consumer2 wrote:

My contract ends on December 9, 2019.  What would the early termination fee be if I switched providers now?

Assuming you even have one, since Verizon stopped using them 26 months ago, you can calculate the ETF here:   https://www.verizonwireless.com/legal/notices/customer-agreement/

If you purchased a device on a monthly installment agreement and cancel service, you should check that agreement to determine if you may have to immediately pay off the balance. If your line of service has a contract term and you cancel that line, or if we cancel it for good cause, during that contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device, your early termination fee will be $350, which will decline by $10 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $20 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $60 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of the contract term. For other contract terms, your early termination fee will be $175, which will decline by $5 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $10 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $30 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then. Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check whether it charges a separate termination fee.

0 Likes