Caller ID number on Iphone 8+
Jheiz79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not getting caller ID number on notification screen or when I answer a call.  Only shows name.  This happens on unknown numbers as well as numbers in contacts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Caller ID number on Iphone 8+
Jheiz79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured it out. I went to the Verizon store and they found caller ID name trial feature enabled. Once they took off the feature I started to get the number only unless contact is stored.  problem solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jheiz79, congratulation on your new iPhone 8+. I am looking to get one as well when it is time for me to upgrade. When your contact calls you it will only show the persons name. It will not show their number as it is stored within the phone. To clarify when you say this occurs with unknown numbers as well are these number calling that are blocked that say ‘unknown’ or you get a call from a number you don’t know and the caller id reads ‘John Smith’?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jheiz79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured it out. I went to the Verizon store and they found caller ID name trial feature enabled. Once they took off the feature I started to get the number only unless contact is stored.  problem solved.

0 Likes