Caller can't hear me speak
zooming993

For some reason when I make or receive a call the person making and/or receiving the call cannot hear me speak.  I know it's not the microphone because I can record and hear memos, record videos and use FaceTime with no problem.  How do I correct this problem?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Caller can't hear me speak
deloused
Master - Level 3

If it's happening on all regular calls it would be a microphone hardware issue.

Your iPhone has 3 microphones, the one used for standard voice calls is located on the the bottom by the lightning port, the one used for FaceTime/Siri/Memos is at the top front by the earpiece, and the one used for recording videos is at the top back side by the camera lens.

You can contact Apple if you're interested in repair options.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zooming993,

We want you to be able to keep in touch with people. Let's get this fixed. Does it also happen on speakerphone or when connected to headset? What zipcode is this in?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
zooming993

Yes, it does happen in speakerphone and headset mode. Our zip code is

On 9/11/17, 8:44 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zooming993, getting your microphone working is a must. Have you tried to restart your device since the problem started? Click here for instructions: http://spr.ly/6582807Bu . Is your software up to date? http://spr.ly/6583807BR

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes