Calls Cutting Out
latthair

Over the past week all calls have been cutting in and out and signs lost all over the place by more so in our home. Nothing has changed on our end at all. *238 does not work on iPhone 6. what do you suggest?????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Calls Cutting Out
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

latthair,

You have reached the right place.  Having to deal with call issues for over all week is long enough. Let's get your calls back to the quality you rememeer.  Since you have an iPhone 6 with 4G LTE service your device will not sync with our network when dialing *228.  With our 4G LTE device by simply powering off and on will connect you back to the network.  Let's take a closer look. What billing zip code are you in?  When this happens are  you connected to a bluetooth device?

Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
latthair

Zip code is 89129 and I am not connected to any Bluetooth devices when it occurs. It happens on speaker and non speaker calls. Calls from land lines and cell phones are equally bad. Local callers as well as callers out of state.

what is in common - MY phone!

Kathy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details. Are you seeing this happen more when you are inside at home? What is your signal strength? Does it show LTE? Please go to settings >> cellular >> enable LTE and let us know what is selected.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
latthair

Inside primarily and I have two dots of signal. LTE is selected and I am on home wi-if to save cell data.

Another issue I have is the a lot of my incoming calls go DIRECTLY to voice mail without ever identifying or ringing on the cell phone.

BTW: I have powered down with power and start button and I have also re-seated my SIM card.

Kathy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of your service concerns latthair. Did you make any recent changes to your phone when this started? I noticed you mentioned this only happens when you are indoors. Has there been any recent changes to the structure of your home or is there any new construction in the area? Can you try resetting your network settings by tapping on settings<general<reset<reset network settings.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
latthair

No construction in our area or out home. Reset the network settings.

I have one bar in kitchen, two bars

as I move from room to room, and then back

down to 1 bar.

Is there a way to check the cell tower coverage where we live?

Kathy

0 Likes