Calls not connecting and dropping, internet and text not working
ksuser01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have always had great reception with Verizon but for the past several weeks, I have had multiple problems. My phone rings, but when I go to connect, nothing happens. It looks like I'm connected but nothing comes through, and I can't hear anything. Sometimes I just have to hang up, and sometimes the call fails before I hang up. I have also had multiple calls fail once connected and numerous problems with texts not going through and no internet service. This is completely unacceptable. Why is this happening? I have had issues in multiple residential locations in the Kansas City area on the Kansas side.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Calls not connecting and dropping, internet and text not working
ksuser01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also, customer service is terrible. I did the chat, which walked me through multiple different re-sets which took a lot of time and required me to now re-set my wallpaper, my settings on apps and various other things. The re-sets didn't work so I finally got connected to a human in the chat who informed me there is a known issue in my area that will be fixed "as soon as possible" with no known timeframe.  This really is unacceptable. I am having trouble communicating with my teenage children and getting my nonprofit work done in my community-I keep having to come home where I can be on wifi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

One of our main goals is to provide you with reliable service and we are concerned to learn about these issues. To better assistyou, please tell us a little more. What model is your device and is the sofware up to date? Are you using Wi-Fi or Regular Calling?

~Maria Elena

0 Likes
ksuser01
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's a new iPhone 11, all software is up to date. I have switched to enable wifi calling because of the dropped calls. I received a response on the Verizon chat that there is a known issue in my area and they are working to fix it, but they gave no timeline for fixing it. I have 1 to 2 bars on a regular basis at my house and in neighboring areas. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have the best service possible, ksuer01. Wi-Fi calling is a great way to help with indoor service. Have you noticed an improvement since enabling this with your phone? To confirm, this is happening within Kansas City, Kansas, correct? -Nikki

0 Likes
ksuser01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had better calling at my house with wifi calling enabled but that only helps when I'm in my house. I currently have 1 bar at my house. This is in Mission Hills, Kansas and nearby suburbs in the Kansas City metro area. 

0 Likes