Calls won't come through, go straight to voicemail
AUPHARMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a problem, that has become more frequent over the last several months, of calls not coming through properly.  My phone never rings.  People say it sends them straight to voicemail when they call.  The funny thing is -- it's only calls from people I WANT to talk to.  Every telemarketer in America seems to have no problems getting through.  This has been going on about a year.  I contacted customer service and got basically nowhere.  They said upgrade my phone.  Due to other circumstances, I did just that.  This brand new iphone 6s plus is STILL having the same issue, so I know it's not the phone -- it's the service.  I've talked to other people with this same problem.  What can I do to fix it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Calls won't come through, go straight to voicemail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This thread might help you. phone goes directly to voice mail???

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
darthmojo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go to settings>Do Not Disturb. Make sure everything is off/not green, except for Repeated Calls. Make sure Allow Calls From is set to Everyone. If your device is setup for Advanced Calling make sure LTE is set to Voice and Data, and roaming is set to Voice and Data. Check your blocked list as well, sometimes I've added people in error, and that will route the call straight to voicemail. Hope this helps. May the Force be with you.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This thread might help you. phone goes directly to voice mail???

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AUPHARMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks, but I've tried all these already.  Those were in the initial diagnostics Verizon suggested.  I've gone through every setting on the new phone to make sure and everything is as Verizon says it should be.  Thank you for the suggestions, though!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aupharmd, we want all your "wanted" calls coming through to your phone properly. Hearing that you are still having issues even after replacing/upgrading to a new one, does have me concerned. Let's get to the bottom of this. Where does this issue happen (everywhere your travel or only at home)?

0 Likes
AUPHARMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens everywhere.  It actually seems to happen most often when I'm in my home area--zip code 36081.  I've done all that I was told to do with the other phone.  Reset network settings, make sure do not disturb isn't on, make sure the calls aren't on block calls list...etc.  LTE is on for voice and data.  It happens randomly.  Some days it doesn't seem to be a problem, other days everybody that tries to call me (that I know) gets voicemail.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AUPHARMD,

Everything is checking out in that zip code. Your calls should follow you and not your voicemail. Let's look into a few more settings, and be sure that all of your roaming is set to on. Because you are in the US, you won't incur any roaming charges.Make the changes then test. What happens? Here are the steps: http://vz.to/1OCvyqR.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Skampyspride

I had this problem with last phone iPhone 7 so I bought iPhone XS still having issues with all calls periodically going straight to voicemail. Sometimes it works fine then it doesn't. Without me making any changes. Sometimes I don't show a missed call, sometimes I do. It's been going on for almost a year on two different phones!

0 Likes
Skampyspride

I have the same issues for almost a year.  Is it Verizon ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Does this happen to you while you are driving, by any chance?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes