Can I Use a Unlocked Sprint iPhone 6?
jd215

I would like to switch to verizon and Im just confused about one thing. Can I use my iPhone 6 that would be unlocked from sprint? Ive read you could and couldnt everywhere. And if I could, would there be a drawback? Ive also read that the new CMDA LTE Phones CAN be used on other carriers(Unlocked of Course) but it would only work on the LTE network and not 3g/lower. So like no text/talk. Which part of this is true? Theres just so many places with people saying different things. When I checked with the verizon compatibility checker it says its compatible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I Use a Unlocked Sprint iPhone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jd215, we would love to have you join our family. We appreciate that you have already checked the compatibility and the phone does say that it is compatible.

As you know carriers typically use different frequencies and air interface technologies to provide wireless network access. Accordingly, a device that works on one carrier’s network may not be technologically compatible with another carrier’s network. An unlocked device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a different network.

With that being said we can not guarantee that all services will work as they should with the phone from another carrier. It is always best to purchase a Verizon Wireless phone to ensure that all features and services will work. We have great promotions available at this time for a new phone check them out here http://vz.to/2dEv33n.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I Use a Unlocked Sprint iPhone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jd215, we would love to have you join our family. We appreciate that you have already checked the compatibility and the phone does say that it is compatible.

As you know carriers typically use different frequencies and air interface technologies to provide wireless network access. Accordingly, a device that works on one carrier’s network may not be technologically compatible with another carrier’s network. An unlocked device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a different network.

With that being said we can not guarantee that all services will work as they should with the phone from another carrier. It is always best to purchase a Verizon Wireless phone to ensure that all features and services will work. We have great promotions available at this time for a new phone check them out here http://vz.to/2dEv33n.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes