Can I activate a Tmobile iPhone 6s on my Verizon plan?
CARSON0123

I have been given a Tmobile iPhone 6s.  Is there a way to unlock the phone and use it on my Verizon plan?  I have heard that the model A1688 can be activated on Verizon's CDMA network and should work fine. Is this true? How do I go about this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I activate a Tmobile iPhone 6s on my Verizon plan?
Weth
Legend

The model a1688 is the same mode that is sold for Verizon, so the phone will work on Verizon no problem. You just need to stick a Verizon SIM into the phone. If you have an already active SIM that will be the easiest route, just put it in.

If T Mobile does have the phone locked, you will need to ask T mobile to unlock the phone. Verizon doesn't lock any phones. .

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The model a1688 is the same mode that is sold for Verizon, so the phone will work on Verizon no problem. You just need to stick a Verizon SIM into the phone. If you have an already active SIM that will be the easiest route, just put it in.

If T Mobile does have the phone locked, you will need to ask T mobile to unlock the phone. Verizon doesn't lock any phones. .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CARSON0123,

That’s awesome to hear that someone gave you an iPhone6s! I know you will enjoy this phone. I appreciate the information that Weth has given. You will need to have a Verizon Wireless SIM card activated to the phone. You can click here http://vz.to/1TPLlVj to check to see if it is compatible with our network. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless!

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes