Can I change the SIM card in my iPad so I can avoid paying the international data charges while I'm in Thailand?
Trkdrvr183

I Will be in Thailand next month and I would like to use my Verizon iPad on a local cellular network if possible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I change the SIM card in my iPad so I can avoid paying the international data charges while I'm in Thailand?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Trkdrvr183,
Thailand sounds like a nice trip to be taking. Having access to phones and tablets while traveling is a definite must to stay connected. Depending on the model tablet you have will determine if it can be used. Most models are Global ready. When they are, you are able to remove your SIM and insert a SIM from a local carrier. While not all features/functions may remain the same, it tablet should still work.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Can I change the SIM card in my iPad so I can avoid paying the international data charges while I'm in Thailand?
Trkdrvr183

I have an iPad mini4 that I bought through Verizon, I think it global ready but I'm not sure.

While I'm here I probably should ask the same question about my droid turbo 2. Is it global ready also?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Both of those are great devices Trkdrvr183. Both of them are Global ready devices and can be used outside of the US.
ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes