Can I get out of a edge agreement?
jessicagillman17

Can I switch to my old iPhone and give my samgung s6 back and cancel my edge agreement with the samsung? I would just need to switch over numbers a all pictures and contacts.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I get out of a edge agreement?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can get out of the Edge agreement by paying off the remainder of the balance. There is no giving the phone back to get out of it.

You could also sell the device to cover the cost of paying the remainder of the Edge balance.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jessica, Wecome to our support page. We are glad to have you here. Is there a reason you want to cancel the phone agreement? Did you know you can do a trade in for a new device if you would like to get an updated phone based on your edge agreement?

Each edge agreement has a way to buyout your agreement. Have you looked over the agreement to see what your terms are? You can find your agreement on your website under my documents. This will give you the specific information you would be looking for in regards to your options.

Let us know how we can help. We are here for you.
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jessicagillman17

So I could trade my Samsung s6 for the iPhone 6+? What would be the charge?

0 Likes
jessicagillman17

I just don't like the Samsung phone

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

jessicagillman17 wrote:

So I could trade my Samsung s6 for the iPhone 6+? What would be the charge?

Yes, you can pay off the Samsung then trade it in on an iPhone.  You will lose copious amounts of money though.  Pay off the Samsung, sell it, make more money than a trade-in, and buy an iPhone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jessica, your have great taste in phones. With the edge plan you are able to update to a different device based on the terms in your agreement. Can you please follow us on twitter so we can dig deeper into this for you. We can answer all your questions in a private format. Let us get you some answers, and a new phone.
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jessicagillman17

How much money would I lose if I just change over to my old phone

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Your agreement isn't with Samsung, it's with Verizon.  The money you lose is equal to the amount you still owe on the phone.  Truthfully, you won't lose any money if you pay off the phone (which you must do anyway) and then sell it.  If you trade it in, expect a LOT less than what you still owe.  You can find out here:  Electronic Device Recycling – Verizon Wireless

0 Likes