Can I recover photos I "cut" from phone and pasted to computer BACK to my phone?
WRHSXC

Can I recover photos I "cut" from phone and pasted to computer BACK to my phone? I meant to copy and paste and hit cut instead. Just checking before I start to email a bunch of pictures back to my phone Smiley Sad THANKS

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I recover photos I "cut" from phone and pasted to computer BACK to my phone?
Snn5
Legend

If you are still connected you can "Undo Move" or just copy and paste them back to the phone.

0 Likes
Re: Can I recover photos I "cut" from phone and pasted to computer BACK to my phone?
WRHSXC

I'm not still connected, it was late last night. And I tried to copy them from my computer and paste back to the phone and it did not work. Any other suggestions? Thanks

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It's strange you can transfer from the phone to the computer but not vice versa.  What error do you see when attempting to do so?

0 Likes
WRHSXC

A red circle with a line through it (icon). The error message reads "Cannot copy item - the device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected" If I drag a picture over the Iphone tag line or DCIM tag line I get the same icon. It does not have that icon in the internal storage tag line but the picture goes nowhere that I can find.   I have never done this before...was just tired and now its going to cost me lots of time.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The iPhone has never allowed copying photos back to the device in this fashion. Apple suggests only keeping photos on the phone until they are copied to a computer - they consider the phone's storage to be "Temporary" storage.

To return the photos to the phone, use either iTunes to sync the photos, or install and use iCloud Photo Library to sync the photos up to an iCloud account.

KBs from Apple on this:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201313

0 Likes