Can I replace my iPhone 4S for no charge if..
Tommy31

Can I replace my iPhone 4S for no charge if it is still within the 30 days from when it was purchased?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I replace my iPhone 4S for no charge if..
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can return/exchange it if you're within 14 days of purchase; there's a $35 restocking fee.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can return/exchange it if you're within 14 days of purchase; there's a $35 restocking fee.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

The trial period for returns is now 14 days.  If you are beyond 14 days you will not be allowed to return or exchange for a different model phone.  In addition, if you are within the 14 day window and do return/exchange the iPhone 4s, there will be a $35 restocking fee for the returned device.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

No.

First of all, there is a 14 day return period, not 30 days.

Second, it would depend on whether or not there was any physical damage to the phone.

Lastly, you would have a $35 restocking fee.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Boy, ninja'd by 2 separate people. I really have to up my game.

0 Likes
Tommy31

Thank you to all. No physical damage. One of the volume buttons is sticking and it is frustrating now and it may become worse if I wait. I am past the 14 day window by a few days. Bummer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Try bringing it to an Apple store. You may have better luck.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Tommy31 wrote:

Thank you to all. No physical damage. One of the volume buttons is sticking and it is frustrating now and it may become worse if I wait. I am past the 14 day window by a few days. Bummer.

A warranty issue (defective hardware) would justify a replacement.  You would receive a refurbished iPhone 4s as the replacement.  I recommend that you go to an Apple store (if you have one close by) or a Verizon store to have them check out that sticky volume button.

Good luck.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

ninjas are running amuck today! 

0 Likes