Can I still trade in my device if it has a small crack?
Cmaestephens

I just got a small crack on the face of my iPhone 6s. It does not touch the actual display, only the bottom left corner & doesn't affect the function of the phone at all. Purely cosmetic.

Will this void my eligibility to trade in my phone on Verizon's annual upgrade program? If so, is there anything I can do to become eligible again?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone Annual Upgrade + Minor Damage
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the terms require a phone in good working order and no physical damage, then you have a problem. A screen crack no matter how small is physical damage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the terms require a phone in good working order and no physical damage, then you have a problem. A screen crack no matter how small is physical damage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mama23dogs
Legend

have Apple replace the screen and put a screen protector on it.  Those new tempered glass covers are great.  You can get one for $2-10 from Amazon.  And a case for $10. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Yes, even with the small crack it will be viewed as damaged. As suggested...if you absolutely must upgrade when the new iPhone comes out you will need to replace the screen first (or you will pay more when they access the damaged equipment fee).

0 Likes