Can I upgrade if...
KayMill

My iPhone is acting up with the screen. I understand that I am eligible for an upgrade but the new iPhone comes out soon. I have insurance but I did not get the better deal to get just a replacement phone. I was wondering if I was able to get like a LG phone until the iPhone 8 comes out. Could I still use my upgrade for the iPhone 8 even though I switched to different phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I upgrade if...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could purchase a new phone at the full retail price in one lump sum and not affect your upgrade status. You can also purchase a slightly used phone from a third party retailer like Swappa too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you taken the phone to Apple to see if it can be fixed?  That could be enough to keep you going until the 8 and 8+ are available for purchase.

0 Likes
KayMill

That sounds good. I never heard of Swappa and I will check that out. Thanks.

0 Likes
KayMill

No I didn't take the phone to Apple. I figured it is not worth taking it there being that I didn't get the better insurance.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was thinking along the lines of trading in the existing iPhone and using the money towards the purchase of the new iPhone. ☺

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have a working phone KayMill. I can see you're exciting to get the new iPhone 8.

As your fellow community members mentioned, you will still be eligible for an upgrade even if you activate a different phone you own on your line.

To use your current phone as a trade-in, it needs to be in good working conditions and free of physical and liquid damage.

What specific issues are you having with the screen on your phone? Which iPhone do you currently have?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes