Can no longer receive short codes after switching carriers
Abo91
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Switched my carrier to Verizon and now I am no longer able to receive short codes for verification. Phone is unlocked, paid off and able to receive regular text messages. Any app that I used before switching no longer recieves the short code messages.

Labels (1)
Re: Can no longer receive short codes after switching carriers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to receive short codes, Abo91. Are you having trouble with a few specific numbers, or every short code? What messaging app do you normally use as a default?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Abo91
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use the apple system app. And it is every short code, I used to receive lyft, google and food delivery app messages and now I no longer receive them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Abo90, allow me to be the first to officially welcome you to the Verizon Wireless family. You mentioned that you have just made the switch, when did you move to Verizon? Are you able to send and receive other messages? Are you connected to Wi-Fi?  LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes