Can't get photos from non-iPhones on another carrier
rxme92

I'm not receiving photos sent from non-iPhones on another carrier.  Instead of a photo I get a text message from (555)111-0000 with nothing in it. SMS/MMS is enabled on my iPhone.  It's been a week since I switched to Verizon so the routing info should be updated from my previous carrier.  Photos from VZW users and other iPhone users come through fine. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't get photos from non-iPhones on another carrier
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rxme92,

Welcome to the VZW family! That's certainly an odd issue you're experiencing, but thanks for narrowing things down.  Has this been occurring for the entirety of your week with Verizon Wireless? Are you able to send SMS/MMS to these numbers? Is your previous device powered off?

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rxme92

Yes, this has been happening since I switched.  I am able to send photos to these users, just not receive them.  My previous device was traded in for recycling a week ago and was off at that time.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you called customer service to make sure the switch was properly completed? I believe some people that had this same issue was able to get it rectified by contacting VZW and having them make sure the account was correct.

0 Likes