Cannot receive texts from only one of my contacts
DWalk31

For the past four days I have been unable to contact only one of my contacts. In the message, it says that my texts are being delivered, but I learned today that they weren't receiving them and they had failed to send texts to me as well.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot receive texts from only one of my contacts
Jchilds87

This same thing is happening to me!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to provide this insight, DWalk31! Have either of you recently switched devices? I would suggest writing down there contact information and then deleting the number. Once the number is deleted go ahead and re-add.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DWalk31

Neither one of us has had changes of devices recently. I also have tried to delete the contact and create it again, but the messages still aren't going through.

0 Likes
Jchilds87

No changes in devices and I have tried re-adding their number. Didn't work.

Jennifer

Personal info removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DWalk31!

Thanks for trying the steps we provided you with! I'm sorry to learn that your issue has yet to be resolved. To clarify, this is happening with only one contact? Is that contact with Verizon Wireless, or another carrier? What model device does this person have, and did they recently change devices?

Please let me know, so we can get to the bottom of this for you. Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jchilds87,

Thanks for giving that a try! No worries! There's much more we can do to ensure they are getting your texts and can send them to you. Are they a Verizon Wireless customer as well or with another provider? Do you happen to know the make/model of their phone and what kind of phone do you have?

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
Jchilds87

They have us cellular. They have an android phone and I have an iPhone 4s

Jennifer

Private info removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jchilds87, thanks for these details. Let's make sure that you haven't blocked your friend by mistake on your device. From your home screen, tap the Phone icon>Contacts>Find that contact & tap it>Scroll down and tap Unblock This Caller.

Have you blocked that number in the Call & Messaging Block feature? http://vz.to/MqEgqB

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
Jchilds87

No the caller is not blocked. I can get his messages but it isn't allowing mine to be received by him. He can call me and that works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes