Carrier updates
rkdavis328
Enthusiast - Level 1

What are carrier updates for the iPhone 6Plus? My spouse and I have agreed to this on both the 6 and 6Plus. No password was solicited.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Carrier updates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to offering you the very best device experience, rkdavis328! Carrier settings updates are small files that are installed on Apple iOS devices. The Carrier settings include updates to Access Point Names (APNs) for internet access, MMS Settings for picture messaging, features such as Personal Hotspot and default apps such as Stocks, Maps, and Weather. Having the most up to date Carrier Settings is recommended for the proper functionality of the device. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to offering you the very best device experience, rkdavis328! Carrier settings updates are small files that are installed on Apple iOS devices. The Carrier settings include updates to Access Point Names (APNs) for internet access, MMS Settings for picture messaging, features such as Personal Hotspot and default apps such as Stocks, Maps, and Weather. Having the most up to date Carrier Settings is recommended for the proper functionality of the device. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

rkdavis328
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, I was concerned because I saw this as an opportunity for a hacker to put something on my phone. I had backed up to my computer and imagined all sorts of problems. I feel much better now and shall apply iOS8.1.3 without doing a restore to factory settings! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

The Verizon update was related to the ringtone issue Apple addressed in iOS 8.1.2.

0 Likes
robble808
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you know exactly what it updates?  Let's say I'm still running 8.1.1 and perhaps have a few tweaks.  Can this affect any of them? 

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

Not really. I spent an hour discussing the update with a Verizon tech. What I stated is all I could get. It amazed me that the Verizon tech really had no clue. But I guess it's just technical mumbo jumbo that doesn't affect much. Did you lose ringtones? Apple fixed that. So the Verizon update allows the fix or some such. You would need to update your OS anyway.

0 Likes