Cellular data will not be charged?
edtorious
Enthusiast - Level 1

"Verizon Wireless customers will not be charged for any unwarranted cellular data usage".  So how does this work?  I'm almost reaching my max Data plan and I'm pretty sure some of it because even if wifi is on, the phone is using cellular data.  Will they not charge me of anything over my Data or do I have to contact them so they change my Data usage for this month?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cellular data will not be charged?
kstype
Enthusiast - Level 1

I need to know this answer as well, when I am at home (and I work from home) I ALWAYS have my WiFi on and it looks like most of my initial traffic was going over cellular data rather than WiFi.  My COLLECTIVE data usage last month for 3 phones and an iPad2 was barely 4GB.  This month,  billing cycle starting on 10/2, my total usage is showing as over 3GB and it's only 10/10!

0 Likes
snc

You need to call Verizon customer service and let them know you still have that problem. My son's iPhone 5 has the same problem and I ended up canceling my upgrade. I stop by a Verizon store where I live and  I explain the customer service representative the situation. She looked at me like I was crazy and said that what I was saying was impossible and they would not waive any fees if I went over my 2 GB data because I could track my usage online. I was surprise at her lack of customer service. She also made a comment that I should have waited to buy the phone until APPLE fixes all the problems. Like I said I went ahead and cancelled my upgrade and recovered my unlimited plan. Good luck!

0 Likes
NicoletteC

If you would like to use your Internet vs cellular data you can turn off your phones data in the settings application... I'm not sure if this is a perfect solution as it may also turn off incoming/ outgoing call capabilities as well but you could turn it on to call/ check phone MSG.  

At less tur bill won't  hurt so bad.

0 Likes
worthmentioning2u

Not sure if you knew of this but the issue is with the phone itself.  The problem is even when you turn the phone to wi-fi, for whatever reason it was still pulling from the data pool and not allowing the device to take advantage of the wi-fi.  It was not the fault of Verizon.  That issue should have been and should still be reported to Apple as it is an issue that many iPhone 5s were having.

0 Likes