Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Cellular signal keeps dropping on iphone 8
o0tushar0o
Enthusiast

I recently switched from T-mobile to Verizon. The verizon signal on my iPhone 8 keeps dropping. I live in seattle city with excellent LTE coverage throughout. If I switch to airplane mode and back, or restart, the signal resumes immediately (with full LTE) and then drops again after a minute or so. It shows "No service". 

Verizon has already provided me a new SIM, but the problem still remains. I never had this issue while using my iphone 8 with T-mobile. I suspect it has something to do with Carrier settings on my phone, but I cant figure out what exactly is the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cellular signal keeps dropping on iphone 8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Keeping you connected with a reliable signal is important to ensure that you have a good experience, o0tushar0o. We are here to work toward a resolution. Does this problem happen indoors or outdoors? Is there is a specific location this problem happens in?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
o0tushar0o
Enthusiast

No it happens consistently everywhere- Indoors as well as outdoors. 

0 Likes
o0tushar0o
Enthusiast

Is anyone from Verizon planning to help me out? I'm paying for an unlimited plan and here I am hopping between wi-fi networks in the middle of Seattle, as if I were traveling in a foreign country.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Can you tell us what you mean by dropping? Do you get no signal (3G, 1X)? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
o0tushar0o
Enthusiast

The signal completely disappears and my iphone shows "No Service". As soon as I restart my phone I i get full signal (4 bars with Verizon LTE displayed), data starts working normally. But then after about 60 secs, the signal disappears again and goes back to "No Service".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Is there anyone else on your account? If so, do they experience the same issue? May I have the closest intersection, city and state? Do you have roaming turned on? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
o0tushar0o
Enthusiast

No one else on my account. This problem is not location specific - It happens everywhere I go. But since you asked,  the intersection is Linden Ave N & N 41st Street, Seattle WA 98103. Roaming is ON.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for clarifying, we appreciate the added information. If the issue is occurring wherever you go, have you attempted any troubleshooting steps, such as a Network Settings Reset? Also, have you considered replacing your current SIM Card? 

MatthewI_VZW

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dlynn0903

I am having the same exact issues.  I live in NJ.  My service is always bouncing from full bars to one bar to no service.  It just happened now.  I too hve an iphone 8.  This phone was an original Verizon purchase then transferred to AT & T then again back to Verizon. I have other users on my account and their service is fine.  This issue is not area specific and happens anywhere at any time

0 Likes