Changing Phone Number iPhone 12 pro
JAMIEESPOCHAV

I'm not sure who to be more disappointed in Verizon, my phone or myself.  I have tried over the past two days to get help changing my phone number (due to ID theft), but nothing seems to work.  They have had me restart my phone probably 40 times now.  They make you think it is so simple to do online but it doesn't work, so why offer it.  I was accused of removing/tampering with my sim card or not waiting long enough to restart my phone, etc.  I was on the phone for 2 hours yesterday getting pushed off to different people for help.  Eventually I was sent to what they call an expert to be told all she could do was walk me through it again on the website.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Changing Phone Number iPhone 12 pro
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that you've experienced identity theft. It is critical that you're able to update your personal information and this shouldn't be complicated. We always want our self-serve options to provide a seamless transaction. Your concern about the ongoing issue after working with multiple agents is understood. Let's see how we can turn this into a better experience. Do you still need assistance with or was this taken care of when our representative walked you through the online process? 

Sherita_VZW 

0 Likes
JAMIEESPOCHAV

Hello.  Unfortunately, after a few days of me trying the change through all of your avenues of customer service I had to give up.  It was wasting too much of both my work and personal time trying to get it to work.  I had to find a way around using my old/current phone number with my personal accounts.  Hopefully, if this does become a greater concern moving forward Verizon will be more helpful and can actually change my phone number without it being such a pain.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAMIEESPOCHAV, we are truly sorry to hear about the experience you encountered with changing your mobile number. We want nothing more than to make sure you receive a resolution. We would like the opportunity to further assist and resolve this concern. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. 

0 Likes