Charter email on Verizon iPhone 4 -- still cannot connect...
ladyshine
Enthusiast - Level 2

Charter and Apple are no help, so trying Verizon again.... Following all instructions from Charter's website does not work:  http://www.myaccount.charter.com/customers/support.aspx?supportarticleid=2234#iPhone

All previous discussions do not cite a solution, since February 2011. Has anyone else figured out how to set up a charter email account on their iPhone 4?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Charter email on Verizon iPhone 4 -- still cannot connect...
oneballjay
Enthusiast - Level 2

most smartphone support the big email types such as yahoo,gmail,hotmail and windows live. some of the off brand email services are not supported. if you are unable to set it up after entering all the info into the phone correctly i would have to say that it is an unsupported email address.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

I have 3 charter email accounts on my iPhone 4 (since Feb 2011) and the set-up was simple, just as described in the link you provided. 

One thing you need to insure is that you are correctly adressing the IMAP & SMTP servers, both use the mobile.charter.net address but have different 3 number codes (also called Server Ports) IMAP 993 & SMTP 587  these addresses and Server Port ID's must be correct.

Good Luck.

ladyshine
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, Spiral, for the encouragement. I'll keep trying, 'til I get it right! Smiley Happy

0 Likes