Chat feature not working (error message)
wilt2448
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I log in to Verizonwireless.com and try to use the Chat feature I get an error message that states "Looks like this isn't a Verizon Prepaid number. For help, please contact us at 1-800-922-0204. Thank you."  This despite the fact that I am a Verizon Prepaid customer with an active account and some of my account stats are displayed.  I have called the above number and all they do is dance around the problem and assure me they will get it taken care of.  No luck after one week of trying to get this resolved.  I've also used the Verizon Facebook chat page to try to get this resolved...no help there either. Just a lot of promises and song and dance but no results. 

Anybody else experiencing this false error message?  If so have you had any luck with getting it resolved.  If so, how did you do it? Thanks 

Labels (1)
Re: Chat feature not working (error message)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to use the chat feature, wilt2448. Do you know if your service is still active, and a payment has been made to your account within the last 60 days? Have you recently ported your line from a Mobile Virtual Network Operator who uses the Verizon Wireless network?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
wilt2448
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes my service is still active. A payment was made one week ago. No I have not recently ported my line from anywhere.  I have been a Verizon customer for several years.  The problem I mentioned in my original message still exists.  I am unable to use the chat feature. Still need help. The chat feature used to work for me but it no longer does.  I have made no changes.  Can you follow through and escalate this problem for me?  Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information. Are you able to log in to your Prepaid My Verizon account as well as the Chat, or are you only having issues with the Chat?

AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
wilt2448
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I stated in my original message, yes I can log in to my Verizon Prepaid account and display all of my info.  My issue is only with Chat.  Chat "thinks" I am not a Verizon Prepaid customer but I am.  I can also log in to my account by using the My Verizon App on my phone.  When I try to use Chat after logging in with my phone I get the same error message as I stated in my original message that I get when trying to use Chat from my computer.  Also I have cleared my browsers cache and even used a different browser and a different computer....same results...Chat "thinks" I am not a Verizon Prepaid customer even though I am logged in to my account.  Can you please escalate this issue to someone at Verizon who is in a position to fix this?  I've been dealing with different first level support people at Verizon for at least 10 days now and I' m just getting the same runaround over and over. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wilt2448, I have reviewed my resources, and I can confirm you are not able to access the Prepaid chat online. You can only contact our Prepaid chat team via the My Verizon Prepaid app. I hope this information is helpful! CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
wilt2448
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also unable to access the CHAT feature via the My Verizon App.  I get the same error message that I previously reported when I try to use the CHAT feature via the web site.  Since you are unable to help me can you ESCALATE the issue?  Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wilt2448, I apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing with trying to access prepaid chat via My Verizon. Unfortunately, we do not have access to prepaid accounts on our end. For further assistance, please reach out to our Prepaid Team at 1-888-294-6804. 

0 Likes