Connectivity Difference Between iPhone 6 and Jetpack
CogDog

I'm on the first day of a month long stay in San Juan Puerto Rico. The best my iPhone 6 connects is 3G labeled "Extended" and every 15 minutes or so, sitting in the same location, it drops to 1x and No service and then back again. Meanwhile my Jetpack is showing LTE firmly. Do these devices have difference connectivity potentials? Why would they be getting difference connections?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Connectivity Difference Between iPhone 6 and Jetpack
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
CogDog,

Wow, a month in Puerto Rico is quite a long time! Allow us to help clear some things up. The jetpak and your iPhone will have different antennas which means you may see different signals. Also, while in Puerto Rico, you will be roaming since you are not picking up Verizon towers there. You will be picking up their local towers.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Connectivity Difference Between iPhone 6 and Jetpack
CogDog

Sorry, but this is more excuse than explanation.

My iPhone shows me on 3G Extended, and right next to it my Jetpack shows me on Verizon LTE. That is one powerful antenna. Elsewhere in the US my Jetpack regularly changes to show its connectivity (sometimes 3G in rural areas none at all).

Even if I am roaming on 3G I do not see why my connectivity would regularly cycle form 3G to 1x to no connection and back, but expect to say it's the fault of the towers here (which provides little help to a customer). I traveled extensively this year in central Mexico and rural Canada, and nowhere did I have this poor connection

Although few people in the US ever give Puerto Rico much consideration, they are part of this country, and the shoddy connectivity is rather shameful. I hear AT&T is pretty good here...

0 Likes