Connectivity issues with iPhone 5 in Toronto
rkinvt

My daughter is in college in Toronto and has been having a lot of issues using her iPhone 5 to make and receive calls.  Frequently (a few times a week) the phone just can't seem to get a signal - she can't make or receive calls even though she has voice and data roaming enabled.  Are there any settings she can experiment with that would make it possible for her to use her phone more consistently?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connectivity issues with iPhone 5 in Toronto
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rkinvt, thank you so for reaching out to us. We want to make sure that we do everything we can to help your daughter out. Sounds like she has everything set up correctly for being outside of the United States. We are not able to guarantee services up in Canada. We would have to depend on their network up there to get service to the cell phones. Does she normally power her device down and reboot it? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rkinvt, thank you so for reaching out to us. We want to make sure that we do everything we can to help your daughter out. Sounds like she has everything set up correctly for being outside of the United States. We are not able to guarantee services up in Canada. We would have to depend on their network up there to get service to the cell phones. Does she normally power her device down and reboot it? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Not applicable

I think the best thing you should do is visit the Apple store location in Toronto. Being that its an English speaking province there would be no language barrier as if in Montreal Smiley Happy

She might be better off getting a local Sim from either Telus or Bell Mobility and there are a few others I cannot remember.

Just a thought. Hope it all works out.

0 Likes