Contact Ringtones
angiej67

Does anyone know how to add a ringtone that you have downloaded to a contact name?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contact Ringtones
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Wingrider01 wrote:

kaebfly wrote:

You will need to have the ringtone in iTunes and sync it to your iPhone before you can assign it to a contact...unless you purchased a ringtone from iTunes on your iPhone. There might be other places you can download from that can skip the iTunes step but I'm not really sure.

there are isntructions on the web on how to use Itunes to create ringtones for the iphone, fairly easy to do but they are in a special format - AC4, Itunes can do this for you

Exactly. There are also threads on here that addressed the process. As far as changing the format...you can also do it yourself (which is what I've done) by simply changing the extension if original file is already in AAC format (m4a)...just locate the file, change the extention from m4a to m4r, accept the warning that pops up, and then double click the file so that it will start to play. That will automatically place the file in the ringtones tab of iTunes and it will be ready to sync to your iPhone. All of that is assuming you already have ringtones created but need them formated to play on the iPhone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You will need to have the ringtone in iTunes and sync it to your iPhone before you can assign it to a contact...unless you purchased a ringtone from iTunes on your iPhone. There might be other places you can download from that can skip the iTunes step but I'm not really sure.

0 Likes
Wingrider01

kaebfly wrote:

there are isntructions on the web on how to use Itunes to create ringtones for the iphone, fairly easy to do but they are in a special format - AC4, Itunes can do this for you

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Wingrider01 wrote:

kaebfly wrote:

Exactly. There are also threads on here that addressed the process. As far as changing the format...you can also do it yourself (which is what I've done) by simply changing the extension if original file is already in AAC format (m4a)...just locate the file, change the extention from m4a to m4r, accept the warning that pops up, and then double click the file so that it will start to play. That will automatically place the file in the ringtones tab of iTunes and it will be ready to sync to your iPhone. All of that is assuming you already have ringtones created but need them formated to play on the iPhone.

0 Likes