Continuing LTE problem in 21042 for iPhone8
EVESSEY

My family switched to Verizon (and Fios), and purchased four brand new iPhones (two 8s and 2 8Plus). This was a very expensive switch, as you might imagine, but we took the leap.

Unfortunately, none of our iPhones have ever gotten LTE service at our home. It's been months now, and despite the painful process of following all of the troubleshooting steps multiple times, on multiple phones, both via your online troubleshooter and via a series of human techs, we still cannot get LTE at home. I downloaded multiple speed test apps, and the tests time out when LTE is enabled. The phones all start getting data again when we get about a mile from our home. This means that Waze, listen to podcasts, etc don't work at home. Same with MMS - we can of course use iMessage to other iPhone users over wifi, but MMS to family members on non-iPhones doesn't work from our house. The only response we've gotten from Verizon after all of the troubleshooting has been "we don't have any reported issues in your area." I guess since all four of our phones are in the same household, they view our problems as one case. Very disappointed in VZW's attention to this problem.

We are going to switch back to AT&T as soon as possible, I guess.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Continuing LTE problem in 21042 for iPhone8
EVESSEY

Every now and then, my phone suddenly gets a batch of SMS/MMS from earlier in the day. Today my extended family had a big long text thread about the World Cup, which I received well after today's game was over.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EVESSEY, we would be sad to see you go. I recognize it was a big decision on your part to have come to Verizon and I want to ensure that we are able to deliver the seamless network experience that your family deserves. You've come to the right place for help and a resolution to your connectivity issues. I was not able to find any alerts for the zip code that you provided. I appreciate your prior troubleshooting attempts and reassure you that we are committed to finding a solution. Based on the information that you have shared, I would like to take a closer look at your account. Please check your inbox for a Private Message. I am confident we will resolve your service issues promptly.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MA63

I too do not get LTE at my home. I can walk 50 yards up the street and it pops up. Because of this I can not receive phone calls and voicemails come in up to 2 hours later. This is a huge problem as my 87 year old mother can not contact me. None of my other phones had this problem. Only happened after I upgraded

0 Likes
MA63

Also, the people at my local Verizon store have tried to help me for weeks 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are provided with the best service as a customer. With regard to the device and your service issues let's look at your phone in more detail. Have you updated your phone to the latest version?  JasperM_VZW

0 Likes