Credit Card Charged Morning of 9/25, as of 9/26 still No Update - Why?
roguefish
Enthusiast - Level 2

My credit card was charged in full for the two iPhone 5 pre-orders I placed. This charge went through the morning of Tuesday, 9/25. As of 9/26 I have received no confirmation of anything... no confirmation if or when my orders will ship, tracking numbers, confirmation of the charge from Verizon, nada.

Why has it been over 24 hours since I was charged and no update? What is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Credit Card Charged Morning of 9/25, as of 9/26 still No Update - Why?
roguefish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon customer service just told me my order has been charged but is on hold. They said my original 9/28 date has been changed to 10/19 with zero explanation. This is wildly unacceptable.

Jcarr87
Enthusiast - Level 3

at least your card was charged. i never got a confirmation email and it took me about a week to get my order number from Verizon. the only thing that shows when i check my order status is Expected Ship Date 9/25 so im guessing my phones are being shipped and will arrive friday? i dont know anymore i should have just waited in line at the store and bought mine this whole pre order stuff is crap.

0 Likes
roguefish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well it makes no sense to charge me on 9/25 but put my order on hold to 10/19.

And yes, I should have never pre-ordered the phones. If I would have just gone to a store I would have gotten them the first day without any problem.

0 Likes
Jcarr87
Enthusiast - Level 3

i agree completely. i think if i dont get mine by friday im just going to the store if they have them in stock (wishful thinking). to think i could have had one last week instead of waiting this extra time just bothers me.

0 Likes
roguefish
Enthusiast - Level 2

To compound things, Verizon is sending extra stock to their stores. My local store got more in yesterday. However, I'm still stuck dealing with this pre-order fiasco. Verizon has done a thorough job of shafting those who pre-ordered the phone, placing them at the end of the line. I feel penalized by Verizon for even placing a pre-order. I have definitely learned my lesson.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi roguefish,

We definitely don't want you waiting longer on the phone. The orders should be shipping within 24 hours of payment and it appears that this process somehow failed you. I don't want to just leave you in the "wait until 10/19 boat" when you were initially expecting the phone by our confirmation date. Can you please follow me (MariaC_VZW) and send me a Direct Message so we can look at what's going on?

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes