Data Overage Issue Needs to be fixed
HSquaredMom
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is Verizon doing to rectify the data overage problem of the 5c.  It seems to be a problem for more than a few people so I feel it is the duty of Verizon to keep their customers happy and fix the problem before they end up losing us all.  We are on our way out soon if things don't change.

Labels (2)
Re: Data Overage Issue Needs to be fixed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HSquaredMom,

Help has arrived! After review, I was unable to locate any known issues regarding data on the iPhone 5C. Can you please clarify the issues you are experiencing on the device? What plan do you currently have?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

I don't get why the 5c gets blamed. My wife has a 5c with no data issues at all. Many I know from the iPhone forums with the 5c have no issues with data. If everything is set correctly, you should have no issues. I have, however, noticed all the LTE phones on my service with occasional data spikes. But the Android phones as well.

0 Likes
giants10kyle
Contributor - Level 1

The first thing you need to do is go into Facebook settings on your iPhone settings and change "automatic load video" to wifi only and not let it use your data. Facebook kills your data if you don't have the settings set right

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Eadur wrote:

3. Now with my Droid MAXX, I can find exactly which app or using any data, and how much data per each app or setting. I can find out how much data is being used via my phone data usage, and how much data is being used via our Home Networking Wi-Fi. I can not find anything close to this detail on my wife's iPhone 5c.

On the iPhone, go to Settings/Cellular and scroll down to where you see Use Cellullar Data for: There you will see all apps that can use cellular data and the amount of data it has used since the last manual reset. The data amounts are not the size of the program, but how much it has used in cellular data. Near the bottom you also see System services, and that can tell you if something in the operating system is using data, click on that to get additional data. At the very bottom is reset button. Hit this to put everything at zero and then follow what is using the data.

Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you. I will try that.

0 Likes
TresaF
Enthusiast - Level 2

i am about to get a lawyer involved i have been charged every month for data overage since son got 5c, i did the family manage and turned his phone off during certain hours, i look at when data was used and mid of night when phone is off and not in use (on wifi also) there is data usages showing up at all times....smart phones use data all time this was not disclosed, i want out, i want refund or fix this Verizon....

Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

You might have better luck finding answers about your problem on an iPhone forum. They know more about iPhones than anyone.

0 Likes
TresaF
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told by Verizon customer service that its a known problem on All Smart phones, that Data usage is used while on wifi, they say its Apple, so to keep this from happening to turn off Data while connected to Wifi, how do you get a child to do this, so why not in Family manage add control to have data turn off when wifi connected? Verizon please do this to make all better...

Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

I wish good luck, and thank you for sharing this with us.

0 Likes