Data Usage Reporting Problem
verizon_dog
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK - This used to work (not perfect, but worked).  But for the last couple months, the data usage has not been updating in the My Verizon app on my iPhone 5.  Even when I log into my account from my computer, it STILL shows ZERO data used.  I have to look at the details to see how much has been used for each day.  I'm on the 300MB data plan so I would like to keep track of how much I use so I don't go over.  Needless to say, this is a PITA.  Would be much nicer if I could see the usage in the iPhone app.

Last month, except for the detailed listing everything was saying I used only 18MB of data.  My bill showed 270MB.  So far this current month, it's saying I've used no data... unless I look at the details.

Is anybody else having this problem?  Is there any way to fix it or report the bug to Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Usage Reporting Problem
iCloud

I just signed onto the data plan you have two weeks ago. When I checked "My Verizon" today , It had me on the 2Gig. plan?!

I'm not sure what to do first? But I do want the lower plan! I use WiFi at home and at work.

0 Likes
Data Usage Reporting Problem
verizon_dog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting, iCoud.

Is anyone else having issues with data NOT being updated???  Both in the My Verizon mobile app and in your account when logged in from a computer browser???

I KNOW I've been using data but both places are still showing zero, zip, nada.... 

Would really, REALLY like to get this resolved. 

Anyone from Verizon reading this???  Please Help!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to be able to monitor your data usage verizon.dog! The circumstances are definitely unusual. What is your bill cycle reset date? The usage estimate system can delay for up to 48 hours after the cycle resets. Have you tried accessing My Verizon from a different computer? You state you have tried My Verizon Mobile on the iPhone. How often do you power cycle your handset? Have you tried dialing #DATA from the phone? This is also an easy way to check your usage. Please let us know if you are still having difficulties.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
verizon_dog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your response JonathanK.

My billing cycle resets on the 6th of the month.  I just checked both My Verizon on my iPhone and my account in a browser (both Safari and Firefox).  Both are showing 0.98 MB as of this afternoon but when I view detailed listing of the data, I see over a megabyte used on 6/11 and over 3 megabytes on 6/16 plus other days where I used around 1/2 a megabyte or more.  So the 0.98 is way off.  I did try dialing #DATA and got the same numbers - zero data before today and 0.98 MB now.

I guess the fact that it's showing some data usage is a sign that it's tracking "some" of my usage, but it's not doing a very good job at all.  If you can do anything to improve that or give me some other suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

0 Likes
verizon_dog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any more info?  Still there?

Gonna try and attach a couple of screen shots showing 2.90MB used as of late this morning and then a detailed listing showing 3.21MB on just 6/16 in addition to the data used on other days.  See the problem?  It would be really nice to be able to get a more accurate estimate without having to login on a browser to see the detailed listing.  That's just a pain.

Screen shot 2013-06-21 at 10.37.45 PM.png

Screen shot 2013-06-21 at 10.38.12 PM.png

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

You do realize that 2.9 MB and 3.21 MB are minuscule amounts of data.

0 Likes
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

Common VZ issue with my account. VZ blames the data updating delays on geography "certain areas" and "other carriers". Last month I was coming close to my data usage but I can never get a current updated usage count from my VZ and I was paying attention to it . I ended up going over  by 1 GB for which VZ tagged me $30 in overage fees for. I had even called VZ before my billing cycle expired speaking to not  one but 2 VZ reps , both assured me my usage was current and not to worry .It wasn't they have access to same data I did.  Lot of people I'm sure just pay their bill without ever looking at the details . Multiply their  attempted $30 overcharge on my account  x millions of customers = many millions of $$$$ , just follow the money  It then  took me 2 more calls to VZ "customer service" to receive a $20 credit since the problem is theirs. Ive been with VZ since 07, my experience standard VZ way of operating, new and improved ways to geek your customers. This is also main reason I stay month to month with VZ I'll never sign a 2 yr agreement with that bunch again. I do not trust that company. I don't believe a multi billion corp like VZ is that incompetent; like I said just follow the money and who gets it

Not applicable

If you go out of Verizon area and are then on roaming yes the data will be delayed because that carrier has to report the data to Verizon. Verizon has no control over how long the other carrier takes to report the data. If your phone has ICS or Jelly Bean there is a built in app that tells you how much data the phone has used. It pretty much jibes with Verizon's data and it's instant.

0 Likes
verizon_dog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Of course I realize that.  BUT there are days when I can see I used about 13MB and 10MB but clearly neither of those have been added to the current total which is not showing 3.24MB.  So what's up with that?

0 Likes