Data Usage
KKraning

My data is being eaten up by the "communication and device services category"  What is that?  Is there something on that I dont know is on in the background?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KKraning, data usage is very important, as no one likes those overages. Usually that category involves things like Facetime, Skype, Advanced Video Calling, or calling applications that use data. Lets figure out what it is for you.

To get a better idea of what the issue could be, please provide me with the make/model of your phone.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KKraning

I phone 6

none of the items listed are being used regularly at all??

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

On your iPhone, got to Settings. Then click on Cellular.

Scroll down and you will see a list of apps. Many of the apps will have a number below the app name - that is how much data that app has used. You should be able to see which apps are using the most data. Since you never likely reset your data counter, it will be since you had the phone. After looking at the culprits, you will want to Reset Statistics, which will be all the way at the bottom. The counters will go to zero and you will see which apps are using the most data. Let us know what you find.

0 Likes
KKraning

Ok I'll check it out. Thanks for that info

Kent

0 Likes