Data seems to be disappearing way faster than usual??
TORNODA

Just wondering if anyone else's data seems to be disappearing quicker since the first week of February??? Ours is way quicker than usual, as we are not using it more than we normally do and we pay for 24gb every month and normally have up to about 7-8 gb left to rollover.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data seems to be disappearing way faster than usual??
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check your app settings, and make sure wifi assist is OFF.  My daughter (an iPhone 6 or 6s, I forget which exactly) was using more data than usual the past week or so - several of her apps were set to use cellular where it had been off before; wifi assist was on, and she did say she had been using Snapchat more than usual... so we adjusted some of her settings (just yesterday) and we'll see how it goes in the next week or so.

Apps update, settings change and go back to "default" which may not be as conservative with your data as you'd like.  ALWAYS check data settings after apps and OS updates....

0 Likes
KROB5808

Yes, had the same problem, in my particular case...data spiked on 1/31/17...used all my data up in 1 day within 5-10 minute period. Wife has an iphone 6 of which she didn't do anything different, but checking the data drain on MyVerizon site showed her phone drank the data like a thirsty person at a water fountain. I have an android which had a minor spike as well but not to the degree as the iphone.

In addition, me an my wife's email accounts went bonkers as well. Couldn't delete...we would try to delete and it would come back and old mail (2 years old) began to populate email folders...this effected live, gmail and exchange accounts. This occurred in a random fashion in February.

Did we get hacked???

Anyone else having a similar problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TORNODA, we understand the importance of data and we want to make sure that you have enough data each month. What kind of phones do you have? Are the devices connecting to Wi-Fi when it is available? You can monitor how your data is being used here: http://spr.ly/65878VdOX .

YeseniaV_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes