Re: Delayed voicemails showing up weeks to days later
nfoley96
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same problem and only once a new voicemail comes in, will I then see that I have a previous voice mail that I never even knew about.  I can see that I have had the incoming calls/missed calls but I do not know that someone has left me a message until the next time someone leaves me a message and then for some reason both of the messages are there?  This is very frustrating!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand that having delayed voicemails is quite a hassle, amc02g. We want to ensure that we get this issue corrected for you and anyone else experiencing this issue with their devices. To get a better understanding of what is happening to your specific device, can you please tell us the make and model? Also, are your calls, texts, and data working well? Lastly, does this seem to happen mostly indoors, or anywhere?

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
lora5b
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a solution to this yet? I feel like we keeping getting the same responses that Verizon needs to look into this. I have an IPhone x - 100% updated - no other issues. Just dont get my voicemails in a timely manner, could be days or weeks later. Please advise what can be done because these suggested reboots dont work!!!!

miera018

I have a Samsung S9+ and voicemails have not been received for about 3 weeks. First I get an error that there is a problem with Voicemail. Then I have to Restart phone, go into Voicemail and Refresh in order to pull in voicemails. The only way I know I have a voicemail is the error notification that replays until I Restart, Refresh. 

Annoying and it wasn't this way when the phone was new. My email is michele.ray01@gmail.com and appreciate a response. I will also DM via Twitter. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my voicemail to keep me informed of new messages and want you to be able to rely on your messages as well, lora5b. We'd like to take a closer look into what's going on. Visual voicemails require a cellular signal to function. Please turn off Wi-Fi and ensure cellular data is on. Then test out your voicemail to see if you experience the same issue. Please let us know how this goes. When did this issue start? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Fortunj1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem.  I randomly had three VM’s come in today, one was dated Feb 20th, today is 3/25!!!  Two of the “lost” VM’s were doctors offices where I was waiting for callbacks.   I am pretty annoyed right now. 

stephaniemm77

I am also having this problem with my iphone 8.....this is so bad my sons school called and I DID NOT KNOW...what is the resoloution to this problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fortunj1,

It can certainly be annoying to learn that you've had voicemail messages that weren't delivered when they were left. We're here to help determine what's going on. Visual Voicemail relies on the cellular data network in order to deliver messages to your phone. If you turn cellular data off or are in an area where cellular data does not work at all times, you may experience delayed messages. In between the dates of 2/20 and 3/25, had any voicemail messages been delivered to your phone at all? For these dates, do you have a corresponding missed call? So that we can check the coverage in your area, please provide the cross streets to the intersection nearest you and the city you're in.

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
sde63

My problem isn’t as extreme but it is still VERY annoying; voicemails have been popping up 12-24 hours after the caller left them. I’ll see the missed call, but it looks like they didn’t leave a message, then it arrives many hours later. This is garbage, it never used to do this. I have an iPhone 6 running version 12.1.4. I installed it a week ago or so, but this was happening long before then.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your voicemail. We would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. When did this start? Is any other service being impacted? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes