Deleting apps
Teachryno

For some reason I can't delete apps on my iPhone 6. When I hold the app it does the shake thing but an x to delete never comes up. Also going into general usage and clicking on the app doesn't give me an option to delete??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Deleting apps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Teachryno!

I want to ensure you're able to remove any unwanted applications on your Apple iPhone 6 device!  Which applications are you trying to remove or uninstall?  Are these applications you downloaded from the App Store on your device?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Any app with no x is a built in app and can't be deleted.   All apps shake and can be moved to another page.

0 Likes
Teachryno

Evil apples, United air lines and the voice

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

United Airlines is not an app that can't be deleted.

Are you sure the app is not hung? Or maybe it is in the middle of updating.

Check to make sure app store/updates are all completed. Close all active apps by double clicking home and swiping up each app to close it fully. Then reboot the phone by holding the home and sleep/wake button together for 10 seconds then letting go. Now try to delete the UAL app again. You should be able to get rid of that.

And if you mean The Voice app, like the TV show, then that should also be an app that you can delete.

The only ones that you cannot delete are some of Apple's system apps such as Settings, App Store, Safari, Passbook, Maps, Calendar, etc.

0 Likes
LordhabMercy1moreX

I was at the Apple Store today having my 6 looked at, and they said absolutely do NOT do a hard reset like that unless it's locked up and absolutely won't unfreeze. It actually messed my phone up

0 Likes