Deplicates of all Contacts after installing new VZ Contact Transfer app
ddallasnc

The VZ Contact Transfer app would not work after I upgraded to IOS 6. There was a server problem. After updating to the new app my contacts transfer, but now I have duplicates of every contact. Has anyone else had this problem? I am not certain whether to delete half of the contacts ... or whether deleting a contact will delete both the duplicate and the original.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deplicates of all Contacts after installing new VZ Contact Transfer app
Jecw
Enthusiast - Level 1

So what I resorted to was:

1) Deleted VZ Contact Transfer on my iPhone

2) Manually cleanup all of my contacts in my Gmail account (using my PC) that had gotten junked up from the cloud  from VZ Contact Transfer (using the merge function in Gmail contacts plus lots of other sorting out by hand),

3)  Deleted my contacts in iCloud since they contained all the extra junk.

I have an exchange account set up for my Gmail contacts so the exchange account is what I have checked on my iPhone and iPad as the "Groups" for those contact books.

Now, I'm trying to update my iCloud contacts to sync to my gmail contacts but so far have not had any luck doing that thru iTunes. Guess I really don't need it since I have the exchange account, however not sure how well things are going to keep synced between my Gmail contacts and my iPhone and iPad contacts.

Whew!

Thanks Verizon for all of your help......not

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jecw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem! Vz Contact Transfer is duplicating my contacts exponentially every time I use it since I upgraded to ios 6. A total mess. I have the latest version of VZ Contract Transfer downloaded. Any help Verizon??

0 Likes
lmlandis

Same problem here!  VZ Contact Transfer started duplicating my contacts every time I used it.  I updated the app, hoping the "bug" was fixed, but it just duplicated them even more.  This started BEFORE I upgraded to ios 6.  I thought maybe the upgrade to ios 6 would fix the problem, but when I ran the VZ Contact Transfer app again, it was still an issue.  My contact list is exploding with duplicates, triplicates, and even random series of numbers that I didn't create. 

Example of ONE contact in my iphone 4:

Joe Shmo

mobile: (555)555-5555

home: jshmo@hotmail.com

other: joeshmo@aol.com

other: jshme@hotmail.com

other: 33556730

other: joeshmo@aol.com

other: 33556731

WHAT A MESS!!!  I deleted the app from my phone today and will wait to put it back on until I hear that there's a fix for this nonsense.

0 Likes
Jecw
Enthusiast - Level 1

So what I resorted to was:

1) Deleted VZ Contact Transfer on my iPhone

2) Manually cleanup all of my contacts in my Gmail account (using my PC) that had gotten junked up from the cloud  from VZ Contact Transfer (using the merge function in Gmail contacts plus lots of other sorting out by hand),

3)  Deleted my contacts in iCloud since they contained all the extra junk.

I have an exchange account set up for my Gmail contacts so the exchange account is what I have checked on my iPhone and iPad as the "Groups" for those contact books.

Now, I'm trying to update my iCloud contacts to sync to my gmail contacts but so far have not had any luck doing that thru iTunes. Guess I really don't need it since I have the exchange account, however not sure how well things are going to keep synced between my Gmail contacts and my iPhone and iPad contacts.

Whew!

Thanks Verizon for all of your help......not

0 Likes