Device unlocking policy for military iPhone 12
Skewts
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently switched back to Verizon and received the iPhone 12 for free for my daughter stationed overseas.  Upgraded from 64gb to 128gb which means I have a device agreement payment of $2 and change.  Now being told the phone is locked for 60 days unless I want to pay over $600 for the phone to pay it off.  The most I should have to pay for the upgraded discount is $72.  After an hour on the phone and reading their policy from their website, I’m being told there’s nothing they can do but they will check and call me back in about an hour.  I’m not even requesting a military suspension as it’s just easier to keep the phone line active so when she comes home for visits there’s no need to reactivate the line. The representative keeps telling me it’s the device and not the sim that is locked and there’s nothing they can do. This is so very frustrating. Hopefully this can be resolved sooner rather than later.  My daughter’s current phone was dropped and she is desperately in need of a replacement.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Device unlocking policy for military iPhone 12
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are correct. Devices can be unlocked early for our Military personnel! It does require the service to be set up on a military suspension for a 24-hour period. That is done in order for us to confirm military orders to help combat against fraudster. Is that okay with you?

*Jeremy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Skewts
Enthusiast - Level 1

The policy on the Verizon website specifically states the device can be unlocked before 60 days, even if on a device agreement payment plan, for military personnel stationed overseas.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are correct. Devices can be unlocked early for our Military personnel! It does require the service to be set up on a military suspension for a 24-hour period. That is done in order for us to confirm military orders to help combat against fraudster. Is that okay with you?

*Jeremy

0 Likes
uTravelTheWorld

Who do you need to contact and what needs to be provided?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to know how to get your device unlocked for your military travel, and I am here to help. We will unlock your device with your orders right away. You can review more about this here: https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy To suspend your line under your orders to get this done you can place the request online, email, fax, or mail. You can review the different ways to do this here: https://www.verizon.com/support/suspend-service-faqs/ Please let me know if you have any questions over this.

*Crystal

0 Likes